WHO WE ARE
At Henne Clothing Pty Ltd (ACN 637 863 168) ("Henne", "we", our", or "us") we recognise the importance of your privacy and understand your concerns regarding the security of the personal information which you provide to us.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we receive personal information that we have not requested (unsolicited information) then we will destroy or de-identify the information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
Information collected directly from you
Certain visitors to the Site choose to interact with it in ways that require us to gather personal information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction sought by the visitor.
Examples of the types of personal information that we may collect from you includes your contact information, such as your name, telephone number, email address and home address.
No credit card information is stored by Henne. Our payment system uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer encryption systems to protect and encrypt your payment card data before it is transmitted through the internet. Henne uses a secure external payment gateway to process your payments. Henne cannot view, access or store your credit card details.
Information we collect automatically
Like most Site operators, we automatically collect information from you and your devices when you access the Site. We may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use the Site.
WHY WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information from you or about you where it is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our business functions and activities and as necessary to provide our services to you. We also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for related purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as our administrative and accounting functions.
Specifically, we may collect and hold information about you in order to provide you with products available for order on our Site.
Additionally, we may use the information obtained through the Site to respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments and allow you to order our services.
If we do not collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information, or if you do not consent, then we may not be able to answer your enquiry or provide you with our services.
In addition, we use information collected online using cookies, and other automated means. This information is used to (amongst other things):
- recognise your computer when you visit the Site;
- track you as you navigate the Site;
- enable the use of e-commerce capabilities;
- offer and provide products and information to you;
- display content on our Site, such as photos;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business and Site usability;
- personalise the Site, including targeted advertisements that may be of particular interest to you;
- help diagnose technical and service problems; and
- gather demographic information about our users.
We may also use your personal information for purposes which are required by law such as sharing your personal information in order to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We normally collect or use information from you where we have your consent to do so, where we need the information to perform a contract with you or to provide our services or products to you upon your request, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or rights and freedoms.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We respect the privacy of personal information and will take reasonable steps to keep it strictly confidential. The personal information you submit directly to us will be stored by electronic means on Shopify and Klayvio.
If you are based outside of Australia, by using our Site and accessing our services you consent to the transfer of your personal information to Australia, and the processing and use of that data in Australia.
We also have an Internal Data Breach Response Plan which will be followed in the event of a data breach.
The security of your personal information is important to us and whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we will use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
Submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
We may use your information to offer you products that we think may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of marketing communications.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before sending you any marketing communications. You may withdraw your consent to the use of your data for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us on our contact details.
We will never provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without receiving your consent.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices.
You can choose if and how cookies will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser. However, if you decide not to display cookies you may not experience optimum performance of our Site.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
The Site and all articles published on the Site may include embedded content (for example videos, images, articles, etc.) from other Sites. If you click on embedded content you will be directed to that third party's Site. Embedded content from other Sites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other Site.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site. These service providers help us analyse how users use our Site and help us improve our services.
The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. These service providers may retain and use anonymized, aggregated data collected from users of our Site in connection with their own businesses, including in order to improve their products and services.
Those who engage in transactions with us are asked to provide additional information, including, as necessary, the personal and financial information required to process the transactions. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of your interaction with us.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. We will also retain personal information to ensure compliance with any applicable statutory or regulatory obligations imposed on us in relation to the retention of records.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR INFORMATION
Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- Request (i) information as to whether your personal information is retained and (ii) access to and/or duplicates of your personal information retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal information concerned, and the data recipients as well as potential retention periods.
- Request rectification, erasure, removal or restriction of your personal information, for example, because (i) it is incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn.
- Refuse to provide us with, or withdraw, your consent to processing of your personal information at any time.
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, that your personal information shall be subject to processing. In this case, please provide us with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you we will either stop processing your personal information or present you our compelling legitimate grounds for an ongoing processing.
- Object to us sending you direct marketing and profiling you for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Object to your data being subject to any automated decision making, including profiling (decisions based on data processing by automatic means, for the purpose of assessing several personal aspects).
- In certain circumstances receive your personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- Lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information with a relevant authority in a country where you live, work, or where you believe a breach may have occurred, or take legal action in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your personal information.
Individuals who wish to contact Henne about information privacy, their personal information or a data breach enquiry can do so by contacting Henne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: October 2021